Doesn’t this look good??!! It is, I should know, I just ate three! ( Don’t judge, I had to test them, haha!!)
Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla, baking powder, and baking soda, and salt.
Fold in flour with a rubber spatula.
I’m not condoning eating dough……but…..this dough taste amazing!! Like pumpkin mousse! Soooo good!!
Make 24 generous mounds on 2 cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes at 350 until cookie is springy to touch.
Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with the cream cheese. Add the confectioners’ sugar and the remaining 2 pinches salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; mix on low speed until blended, then beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Spread the flat side of 12 cakes with the cream cheese frosting. Top each with another cake.
This is how I eat them. That way there is more frosting to cookie ratio. 🙂
Recipe below. Enjoy!!!
* 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, 1 stick melted, 1/2 stick softened
* 1 cup packed light brown sugar
* 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
* 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
* 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon plus 2 pinches salt
* 1-2/3 cups flour
* 4 ounces cream cheese, chilled
* 1 cup confectioners’ sugar